B3 - BSP - Work Permit Renewal Form
B3 - BSP - Work Permit Renewal Form
Use this form:
When you wish to apply for the renewal of a Work Permit by the Business Staffing Plan Board
Submission requirements (see checklist):
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- All Applications and supporting forms to the application should be printed on regular size, plain, white paper and duly completed.
- Coloured paper, stock card, letterhead, or parchment/transfer papers are all unacceptable.
- All forms should be submitted in the correct format which includes the title pages and immigration logos.
- Forms should be in the correct page number order and there should be no missing pages
- Ensure that the Business Staffing Plan number for the employee is the next available number in the plan. E.g. if position #2 is taken and #3 and #4 are available then #3 must be used before #4 can be used, unless the applicant is replacing an employee in position #2.
- Please ensure compliance with conditions set within the Business Staffing Plan e.g. Regulations 6 conditions.
- If the position is not included in the plan, the new title must be requested to be added within the cover letter and an additional non-refundable application fee of CI$100 must be included.
The cover letter must be signed by the employer with a detailed summary of why the permit is required- original signature is required. The employer must provide a letter addressed to the Secretary of the Business Staffing Plan Board identifying clearly the position in the company's valid Business Staffing Plan Certificate for which the employee continues to be required.
If the job for which the employee continues to be required is listed in the Business Staffing Plan Certificate as one which must be advertised, the employer must do the following:
- advertise the position in a local newspaper for at least two issues for two consecutive weeks with visible dates;
- forward all responses received from Caymanians, people married to Caymanians and permanent residents as to why they were not suitable candidates for the position to the Business Staffing Plan Board along with copies of their CVs when submitting the work permit application including NWDA referrals explaining why they were not hired for the position.
- provide to the Business Staffing Plan Board a copy of each advertisement (full page of the newspaper showing the date) when submitting the work permit application.
The advertisement must contain the following information:
- a full and accurate description of the job to be filled; and
- a full and accurate description of the qualifications the employer considers are necessary for carrying out the job and the reason for requiring those qualifications; and
- the number of years’ experience required;
- the name and address of the employer or agency.
- indication of the salary range
Please note: advertising is not required if the employee is married to a Caymanian and applying under Section 31 (7) of the Law.
At the time of application the following fees must be paid:
- non-refundable administrative filing fee
- work permit renewal fee for the appropriate employment category
- dependant fee
- repatriation fee for prospective employee and each dependant, if any
Attach the resumes of all Caymanian applicants. In the Employer section of the application, include the National Workforce Development Agency (NWDA) Job ID Number(s). For each referral, explain why the Caymanian(s) was not hired for the position.
Further information can be obtained at the WORC website: www.worc.ky.
Please provide a certified copies of newly acquired educational certificates/ diplomas/ degrees.
A certified and signed police clearance certificate with respect to the employee and their spouse, if applicable, issued within six months preceding the date of application.
Unless the employee has submitted a medical questionnaire in the three years prior to this application for the renewal of a work permit, one must now be provided. Part 1 must be completed by the employee; Part 2 must be completed by their physician and should bear his/her signature and seal or stamp. The original lab report showing the HIV/VDRL test results must also be provided. The HIV/VDRL tests must be taken within the six months preceding your application for the renewal of a work permit.
Original medical questionnaires are also required for an accompanying spouse and any children over the age of eighteen.
- One full-face photograph (passport size)
- Print name and date of birth on the back of the photograph.
- The photograph must be in colour and taken within the past 12 months, full face (shoulders and above), with no head covering.
- The photograph must a have a white background.
- The photograph size should be between 45mm by 35mm (1.77 inches by 1.38 inches) and 63mm by 50mm (2.5 inches by 2 inches).
- The photograph should be un-mounted and printed on normal photographic paper.
- The photograph resolution must be at least 800 dots per square inch. Blurred photographs will not be accepted.
- Stick-on labels will not be accepted.
Please provide a certified copy of Cuban Visa.
Where the Trade & Business Licence has expired, a copy of the receipt of payment for the renewal from employer is needed.
Where the employer is licenced by another body other than the Trade & Business Licencing Board, proof of current licence or copy of the receipt of payment for the renewal is required.
If adding for the first time, a spouse or a child on the work permit renewal application form, the relationship to the employee must be proved by submitting marriage licence & birth certificates as appropriate.
Please provide a letter from a private school/university confirming acceptance/ attendance for your child. If over eighteen years old, the conformation/attendance letter must be submitted annually.
Section 52 (12) application (to coincide with spouse): An affidavit and certified copy of marriage certificate.
Prior to arrival in the Islands, a prospective employee whose first language is not English is required to take the overseas English language testing (ELT). This testing requirement is envisioned to be more accommodating and convenient as it will enable persons to make appointments and sit tests in his/her own country prior to travelling to the Cayman Islands.
Further details may be found on the English Language Testing page.
Additional supporting documentation is required if the employee is to be employed in the following employment sectors/positions:
- Hospitality Industry
- Professional/Managerial Positions
- In the case of health practitioners/nurses etc., please provide a certified copy of their licence to practice by the Health Practitioners Board
- In the case of teachers, please provide a certified copy of their licencing from the Educational Council
- In the case of professionals within the financial services industry whose positions are regulated by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA), please provide proof of such from the CIMA.
- Skilled/Supervisory Positions
- Construction Industry
- Plumbers: Please provide a copy of the employee's current licence from the Water Authority authorising them to operate as a plumber.
- Electricians: Please provide a copy of the employee's current licence from the Electrical Board of Examiners authorising them to operate as an electrician. The employer must also provide the ratio of electricians to electrical helpers employed within the company.
- Security Officer
- Caretaker for the elderly or infirm
- Employment Agency
- Janitorial & Gardening Services
If the employee is to be employed as a diver, a copy of their PADI/NAUI certification must be provided.
Notarized copies of the employee's professional qualifications must be provided.
Please provide notarized copies of the employee's qualifications and details of the skills they possess that are relevant and required for the position for which they are being employed.
Please provide a copy of Immigration Form A (or a list of clients including addresses and telephone numbers) and copies of signed contracts, from employer, redacted where appropriate. In addition building permits for all on-going construction projects and those to be undertaken may be submitted to supplement the application (if available).
Please provide approval from the Music Association.
Please provide a copy of licence from the Royal Cayman Islands Police (RCIP).
Please provide a certified copy of certification from the Department of Agriculture.
Please provide approval from Veterinary Board.
A physicians letter confirming the illness if under 65 years or age (proof of age is required).
Please provide proof of past and future employment for the applicant.
Please provide copies of signed contracts/agreements for provision of gardening or janitorial services that are in operation at the time of application or are to be undertaken.
Please provide a notarized copy of the employee's licence from the Public Transport Board for the appropriate category of vehicle.
Send the completed application to:The Secretary to the Business Staffing Plan Board
P.O. Box 1098
Grand Cayman, KY1-1102
What happens next?
If the application is approved, a letter will be sent to you notifying you of the decision and setting out the terms and conditions upon which you may work.
Provided that the renewal application was submitted prior to the expiry of the existing work permit the worker may continue to work until the outcome of the renewal application, or, if it was refused, the outcome of any subsequent appeal to the Immigration Appeals Tribunal, up to the limit of your term limit.
Under the Law an applicant is required to provide a complete application which has been defined as above. Failure to comply with the above could result in a refusal by the Board.