BVP1 - Business Visitor Permit Form
BVP1 - Business Visitor Permit Form
Use this form:
If you wish to apply for a Business Visitors Permit
Submission requirements (see checklist):
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- All Applications and supporting forms to the application should be printed on regular size, plain, white paper and duly completed.
- Coloured paper, stock card, letterhead, or parchment/transfer papers are all unacceptable.
- All forms should be submitted in the correct format which includes the title pages and immigration logos.
- Forms should be in the correct page number order and there should be no missing pages
A covering letter explaining the necessity for making the application.
An administrative filing fee of CI$50.00 and the annual fee based on the number of persons in respect of whom the application is made and the number of visits per person in the relevant calendar year.
Business Visitor's Permit and Express Determination Fees
|Range of annual work permit fees||Grand Cayman||Cayman Brac and Little Cayman||Express Determination fees|
|Annual fees (in CI$)|
|(a) where the occupation of the business visitor would attract an annual work permit fee of between $10,401 and $32,400||$750 per visit per person in the relevant calendar year||$562.50 per visit per person in the relevant calendar year||$300|
|(b) where the occupation of a business visitor would attract an annual work permit fee of between $2,101 and $10,400||$375 per visit per person in the relevant calendar year||$281.25 per visit per person in the relevant calendar year||$250|
|(c) where the occupation of the business visitor would attract an annual work permit fee up to $2,100.||$150 per visit per person in the relevant calendar year||$112.50 per visit per person in the relevant calendar year||$150|
One full face and one profile photograph (passport size):
- Print name and date of birth on the back of the photograph.
- The photograph must be in colour and taken within the past 12 months, full face (shoulders and above), with no head covering.
- The photograph must a have a white background.
- The photograph size should be between 45mm by 35mm (1.77 inches by 1.38 inches) and 63mm by 50mm (2.5 inches by 2 inches).
- The photograph should be un-mounted and printed on normal photographic paper.
- The photograph resolution must be at least 800 dots per square inch. Blurred photographs will not be accepted.
- Stick-on labels will not be accepted.
A police clearance certificate is required. This clearance must be from the prospective employee's home district or last place of residence and have been issued within six months preceding the date of the application. The certificate must be signed by the issuing authority and must bear an embossed seal or official stamp.
Where the Trade & Business Licence has expired, a copy of the receipt of payment for the renewal from employer is needed.
Where the employer is licenced by another body other than the Trade & Business Licencing Board, proof of current licence or copy of the receipt of payment for the renewal is required.
NOTE 1: Failure to provide the above, or where the information provided is incomplete, will result in a delay in the processing of the application. It is also especially important that each application states the maximum number of times it is desired that each business visitor be admitted to the Islands in the calendar year in which the application is being made, his/her occupation, and the maximum duration of stay of each such business visitor during each visit.
NOTE 2: No business visitors' permit shall be issued for a stay of more than fourteen days on any one visit. Also, any unused visits cannot be transferred to the following year nor are they refundable.
NOTE 3: To qualify for a Business Visitor Permit, a minimum of 2 visits per calendar year is required.
Send the completed application to:The Chief Immigration Officer
P.O. Box 1098
Grand Cayman, KY1-1102
What happens next?
The processing of the application (where all the documentation required above is provided and is complete) will take a minimum of ten working days. A letter will be sent to you notifying you of the decision.Under the Law an applicant is required to provide a complete application which has been defined as above. Failure to comply with the above could result in a refusal by the Board.
- Updated 22nd April, 2016