Annual Declaration Forms

Skip navigation

Annual Declaration Forms

As a result of changes to immigration legislation in October 2013 all permanent residents and persons authorized to reside in the islands as persons of independent means are now required to provide annually a declaration pertaining to a number of factors. The purpose of the declaration is two-fold:

  1. To allow the Department of Immigration to verify that the holder of the certificate
    • continues to comply with the statutory requiremetns and any conditions attached to the grant of his authorization to remain in the islands
    • continues to hold assets listed in his permanent residence application and, where applicable, continues to maintain property investments in line with prescribed minimum investment amounts
  2. To ensure that the personal details held by the Department of Immigration in respect to the Certificate holder and his dependants are up to date.

Where a person was granted permanent residence prior to 28 October 2013 (or he applied for permanent residence prior to that date and his application has not yet been determined) he will be required to submit a long-form Declaration (form R13). This is because the Department of Immigration will not have on record all the necessary detailed information that will allow it to assess whether or not he is in compliance with the statutory requirements. But the long-form Declaration will only have to be provided once: each year thereafter the holder will complete a much shorter and simpler Declaration (form R13B).  Where a person submits an application for permanent residence after 28 October 2013 they will only need to submit the short form (R13B) Declaration as all required information will have been provided in their application.

Who must provide an Annual Declaration?

  • Permanent residents
  • Persons holding a Residency Certificate for Persons of Independent Means
  • Persons holding a Certificate of Permanent Residence for Persons of Independent Means

 Note: Where a spouse has been granted permanent residence because they were included in their spouse’s application for permanent residence they are not required to submit an Annual Declaration in their own right.



When must the Annual Declaration be submitted?

  • At the time of paying the annual fee associated with permanent residence.

Which type of Annual Declaration must be submitted?

  • If permanent residence was granted prior to 28 October 2013 the holder must submit a long-form Annual Declaration (form R13) but only in respect of his first ever Annual Declaration. In subsequent years he should submit a short-form Annual Declaration (form R13B).

Is any supporting document required to be submitted with an Annual Declaration?

  • No.

Is there a fee for submitting an Annual Declaration?

  • No.




Send the completed application to:

The Chief Immigration Officer / The Secretary, Caymanian Status and Permanent Residency Board

Department of Immigration

P.O. Box 1098

Grand Cayman, KY1-1102



R13 - Permanent Resident Annual Declaration Form

R17 - Permanent Residents - Change To Employment Circumstances Declaration Form

R13B - Permanent Resident Annual Declaration