Skip navigation

Children Born to Non-Caymanians

Published 1st June 2015, 10:30am

Children that are born in the Cayman Islands and are not Caymanian at birth are required to report to the Department of Immigration as soon as practicable in order to have their status in the Islands regularized.

The Immigration Law (R) Section 67 (7) states:  In the case of any child born in the Islands in such circumstances that it does not acquire the right to be Caymanian at birth, such child shall be reported to the Chief Immigration Officer as soon as practicable and shall thereafter be subject to immigration control in a manner appropriate in all the circumstances and having regards to the immigration status of the parents or, in the case of a child born outside of wedlock, of the mother.

Parents must provide the following:

  • Work permit amendment  form (AMD2/AMD2B) or Residency variation form (RV30)
  • a passport or an original Cayman birth certificate
  • complete an extension form (BC10)

The Officer at the “Counter Extension” will land and condition the child accordingly and give ample authorization for the amendment to be reviewed. You will be provided with an Embarkation / Disembarkation card as a substitute for a travel document that will be endorsed until same has been obtained.