Annual Work Permit Grants
Annual Work Permit - Grants
Apart from the people listed below, anyone wishing to work in the Cayman Islands must first obtain a work permit. The following people do not require a work permit:
- holders of permanent residence with the right to work
- holders of a Residency & Employment Rights Certificate
- holders of a Visitor’s Work Visa
- persons employed by the Cayman Islands Government
- persons employed in the Islands by the Government of the United Kingdom
- a consular officer and his staff
- an accredited representative or agent of a government of any part of the Commonwealth
- a member of Her Majesty’s armed forces
- any person declared by the Governor-in-Cabinet to be exempt from work permit requirements
- a member of the crew of any vessel that does not operate full-time in the Islands, while engaged in his duties as such
- a person who is the beneficial owner of up to two units of property whose lawful presence in the Islands is to facilitate rental or lease arrangements in respect of those units and whose spouse does not own, operate or have an interest in those units.
- any class or classes of persons as may, from time to time, be prescribed.
Click here for frequently asked questions in relation to annual work permit grants.